Place of Refuge is open to men over the age of 19 with a desire to remain free from chemical dependency.
Referrals are accepted from any source, including the following:
- Community Health Centres
- Community addiction services counsellors
- Residential treatment facilities
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs)
Clients are required to be abstinent for a minimum of 3 months or have completed residential treatment or supportive recovery prior to in-take.
Persons taking certain medications or presenting with psychogenic disorders requiring intervention beyond the scope of the program are not accepted at this time.
Intake on Weekend: Yes
Residents are limited to 2 to 3 medium bags.
- Individual Counselling & Life Skills Groups
- Life Skills, employment and education training and referrals
- Relapse Prevention
- Discharge, Transition and Continuing Care Planning
- Bio-psycho-social spiritual, client centred approach
Length of stay
As long as is mutually agreed upon to facilitate a healthy re-entry into society.
- Private payments by clients
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Ministry of Social Development (Income Assistance, Employment Assistance)
Contact: Jeff Borden, Executive Director
Toll Free Fax: (866) 528-8184