- Community Health Centres
- Community addiction services counsellors
- Residential treatment and support recovery programs
- Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs)
Complete and submit a referral package
Prospective residents will have an in-person interview on site – Zoom interviews are available for residents outside of the Metro Vancouver area.
A review and signing of the house agreements and cooperative agreements prior to intake.
Residents are limited to a maximum of two to three medium bags.
We do not have accommodations for pets.
Length of Stay
- Individual Counselling &
Life Skills Coaching.
- Employment and education training
- Relapse Prevention
- Discharge, Transition and
Continuing Care Planning
- Private payments by clients
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Ministry of Social Development (Income Assistance, Employment Assistance)
If you meet the following criteria, POR may be a good fit for you.
- Have a demonstrated commitment to recovery for at least three months
(or as assessed by staff)
- Be motivated and ready to implement a personal recovery plan that includes:
- A concrete and detailed action plan for employment or education that you will implement while living in the transition housing program
- Develop a recovery maintenance and relapse prevention plan.
- Develop a financial management plan
- Organize a social and leisure time action plan
- Develop a plan to address your prioritized recovery needs
- Have a demonstrated commitment to abstinence
- Be stable enough to self-organize successfully in the routines
of healthy daily living.
Place of Refuge Transition Housing Program?
- Substance use and mental health professionals can refer you to the program
- Self-referrals are also welcome
- Complete the application form
- Contact Reive Doig at Place of Refuge Housing Program at